If several LOAL teams visit a facility, choose someone to be a Visit Captain. A Visit Captain is the liaison between the facility and the LOAL teams.
The responsibilities of a visit captain may include:
- Being present at each visit or arranging for another team member to be in charge as a substitute.
- Coordinating with the facility representative who will be in charge of the visits to:
- exchange contact information
- establish time and day of week for visiting
- arrange what the visit will entail and where in the facility the visit will take place
- Be aware of any regulations specific to the facility.
- Coordinating with the LOAL teams:
- Notifying teams if a visit is cancelled
- Notifying teams of special events—such as a tricks show, obedience demonstration, or special occasion
- Ensuring that new teams joining the visit are certified LOAL members
- Arranging for supervisors for teams doing their supervised visit hours (and that those teams have successfully completed their Control Evaluation).
- Having a copy of the LOAL Incident Report available in case of in incident and reporting the incident:
- To the facility contact person
- To the chapter leader
- The LOAL national president