Love on a Leash® is proud to be featured in print, on television, and in online publications. Members should refer to our media guidelines below to accurately represent Love on a Leash®.
- If you are a member of a Love on a Leash® Chapter, please refer the individual to your Chapter Leader to handle the request.
- If you are not a member of a chapter, please direct the individual to contact the National Love on a Leash® office via the national website: www.loveonaleash.org
- If the individual wants to shoot video or a television story at one of your visit sites, make sure you get approval from the facility director first. Not all facilities welcome this kind of exposure, and HIPAA and privacy laws may preclude some facilities from wanting to participate. If the facility does not want to be included, try suggesting a different facility to the media (one that you do have approval for).
- Signed photo releases must be on file for any individuals who are featured in media stories or video. Some facilities maintain photo releases that may suffice (check with the facility director first to find out). If the facility does not have signed releases on file, please download the appropriate Love on a Leash® photo releases (located in the Member area) and ensure anyone who is filmed or photographed signs a copy. Please retain a copy of all signed releases.
- Please ensure your pet is wearing its Love on a Leash® vest or bandana, and, per membership guidelines, is clean and freshly groomed. If possible, please wear a shirt with the official Love on a Leash® logo.
- You will find the most current information about Love on a Leash® on our website, including the current number of active members, the definition of a therapy pet, the difference between therapy pets and service animals, and more. Take time to become familiar with this information prior to your interview (or print it out and take it with you) so you can be a good interviewee. Feel free to refer members of the media to the website for this information also.
- Additionally, please make sure you are following all other membership guidelines. Remember you are representing the entire organization; you want to set a great example!
- Please refer the media to the national website at www.loveonaleash.org
Articles and videos
- Have you seen Love on a Leash® in the news? Let us know and we’ll share the link here.
CA – It’s A Pet Parade! (p.70-71) [Sep 2020]
CA – Children read to therapy dogs in Santa Maria [Jan 2020]
NY – Susquehanna Nursing & Rehabilitation Center promotional video @ 1m15s [ Oct 2019]
CA – Pet Therapy Program for Patients at Tri-City Medical Center [Aug 2019]
CA – Sunnyvale cat has therapeutic value for local seniors, homeless [Jul 2019]
CA – SD therapy dogs bring comfort after surviving their own traumas [Jun 2019]
IL – Furry Visitor Helps Devonshire Students Boost Reading Skills [May 2019]
IN – Pet Pals: Love on a Leash [Dec 2018]
IN – 6 reasons not to miss the annual Pet Therapy event [Nov 2018]
CA – SD Court Dog program helps vulnerable victims testify [Nov 2018]
NC – Love on a Leash dogs visit library [Oct 2018]
NC – Therapy dogs help ease test stress at Swansboro Middle [Jun 2018]
CA – Canines in the courtroom [Jun 2018]
AZ – Feeling doggone good [Mar 2018]
MS – Therapy dog brings furry dimension to NMMC Rehab Institute (subscription required) [Mar 2018]
NC – Trainer preps pets for service [Mar 2018]
CA – Meet Love on a Leash [Feb 2018]
FL – In Alachua County Libraries, Canines Lend Ear To Learning Kids [Nov 2017]
PA – Giving Back [Oct 2017]
CA – Dogs bring love to residents of all ages – [Jun 2017]
NE – Love on a Leash at Council Bluffs Public Library [May 2017]
CA – Fox Business host volunteers for animal therapy program [Apr 2017]
CA – Love on a Leash Visits Books, Inc. [Apr 2017]
CA – Therapy Dogs Spread Love Throughout San Diego [Sep 2016]
LA – Animal Rescue: Love on a Leash to start Southshore Chapter [Aug 2016]
CA – Paws to Read pairs dogs with early readers [Jul 2016]
VA – Yellow Lab helps victims of trauma, autistic kids in Richmond [Jun 2016]
CA – Therapy Fluffies at UCSD [Dec 2015]
CA – Relieving stress and helping students make the grade [Dec 2015]